We hope that everyone had a safe and enjoyable new year! The past year has brought us a lot of fantastic moments, with film/video spotlights and community sponsorships. We wanted to take a brief moment to look back at 2012 (in a not so chronological order) to see how far we’ve come and how much we have to look forward to for 2013.
- SMASH. We found ourselves hosting the cast of NBC’s SMASH as they filmed parts of an episode along Doyers St.
- Method Man. Nothing like having a hip hop icon come and dine on some great dim sum, as well as film a music video!
- Wong Fu.The California boys came all the way to the East Coast to shoot for the first time in NYC, and we were glad to be a part of their process.
- Eat Out Time Out. Kelly Choi from Time Out NY hosted an interview with us last January, which was definitely one of the first highlights of 2012!
- Linsanity. One of the biggest moments of the year was definitely the Knicks viewing party, which was picked up by the New York Times, as well as one of the photos as a highlight of 2012.
- Community Building. Part of being a member of a community is giving back. We spent time this year sponsoring events that were important to us – culturally, inspirational, and close to our hearts.
- Conversations. Being invited to talk on panels about what we do and how we got on this path has been fantastic, not only because we got to share what we love, but also because we got to meet new friends and listen to their stories, and more importantly, learn from them too.
- Nocturnal Signs.To end the year, it was a delight to see James and Karla Murray’s photograph of our vintage sign make it in the last Sunday Times of the year, as a celebration of their latest book – New York Nights.
- Baby Ryan. And for the finale, the Nom Wah family welcomed Ryan Tang this past year! Wahoo!